Sunday, February 6, 2011

Project Updates

I didn't get to stitch to much during the week due to a sore wrist.  I finally went to the Doctors and finally after 2 more days of rest,  my wrist is back to normal.  I think that Dr. will be a keeper. 

I went down to Phx on Friday and got to see Harry.  I also went to see the lady that did the cat cross stitch,  she was thrilled with the frame and the new kit I put together for her.  We sat and stitch for about 40 mins before it was time for donuts in the dinning hall.  LOL .  

I went with Harry to his physical therapy and I still can't get over the difference of how well he is doing.  2 weeks ago,  he needed a lift and 2 male nurses to get him out of bed.  On Friday,  he was sitting up in a wheelchair and he shocked me when he stood up and walked 20 feet with a walker.  I am so proud of him and all the effort he is putting into getting better.  I surprised him with a bag of popcorn and some crackers to munch on till I see him in 2 weeks.  I also bought him 2 new shirts as he does not have any clothes of his own anymore.  His son refused to give me anything and since Harry has not had any new clothes for the last 6 years or so,   I am sure he needs all new stuff anyways.  


I did get in some stitching yesterday and today.  So here are my update pics.  





This is the Horse Silhouette,  maybe this week I will be able to start on the horse itself 



And I got a couple more buildings done on the NY Skyline.

I hope everyone has a great Stitching week,  I know I plan on getting a bunch done but now that I have said it I hope I don't ruin it for myself.  LOL




4 comments:

  1. It's great to read about your visit with Harry! So nice to find someone to stitch with too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress pics, Linda. Glad to hear Harry is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Harry! And you found a Stitch buddy :)

    Love the progress. I can't wait to see the NY skyline done!

    ReplyDelete