I have a lot to post tonight.
This weekend, I will be getting out my Christmas Cards and my List of who I need to send to. If you would like, I would love to send you a Christmas Card as well. All you need to do is post that you would like me to send you a card and then you can email me you mailing name and address. Please email me at email@example.com
I am so excited to win Epic Stitching Give Away. It arrived today and boy was my package full.
Thank You so Much Mel. I can't wait to do the Fresh Egg Hen.
3rd and Last
Meari asked if I could post my Turkey Tortilla Soup and my Pumpkin Bread recipes.
Turkey Tortilla Soup
- 3 Cups of Shredded Turkey (Really you can use any type of protein you want)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chunky salsa (optional)
- 8 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the chicken or turkey, sausage, ext. (If your protein is not already cooked) in the oil for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cumin and mix well. Then add the broth, corn, onion, chili powder, lemon juice and salsa. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Break up some tortilla chips into individual bowls and pour soup over chips. Top with the Monterey Jack cheese and a little sour cream.
This is such an easy recipe to make, you can add anything you want or not want. I add in a tablespoon of Pamela's Gluten Free Baking & Pancake Mix to thicken up the broth.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Pamela's Baking Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. The top of the loaf should spring back when lightly pressed.
I get most of my recipes off of allrecipes.com and I then work on converting them to gluten free.
Anyways, I will let you all get back to reading other posts and your stitching. Hope you all have a great rest of the week and weekend.