Monday, May 9, 2011


I know,  I know,  My TUSAL is late again. 

Harry, who many of you know now that he is my foster Dad,  took a very bad turn for the worse on Wednesday.  I got a call from his Hospice DR and then from the Chaplin and was told he only had a matter of hours to live.  Roger and I raced down to Phoenix and made it in about 90 mins instead of the 2 hour drive.  When I walked in his room,  I knew right away that he was yet again misdiagnosed.  His doctor tried to point out that he had the death rattle breathing and I knew it was from congestion.  They also informed me that he had been unresponsive for almost 2 days and was not going to wake up,  but I could tell from the color of his urine that he had a sever UTI and he also had a fever of 104.  We called 911 right away and had him transported back to the hospital.  The ER gave him narcan which helped him wake up.  I found out that he was overdosed with morphine and yes had a sever UTI,  Thats all that is pretty much wrong at this point other then age.  Yesterday,  Harry was released and is now back at the group home where they will help him get his strength back.  What a roller coaster!!  Roger and I have been driving back and forth everyday and today I am going to stay home and get caught up on some housework and laundry. 

The cats are not very happy with us and today will be spent cleaning and spoiling them so I can go back down to Phoenix tomorrow.  I hope maybe to just go down every other day but we will see. 

Time to go read some blogs.  I hope everyone has a great week and gets lots of stitching in.



  1. Sorry to hear Harry is having some's a long drive. Be sure to take some time for yourself.

  2. Sorry about Harry. It was wonderful that you took charge ane knew what to do.
    Your in my prayers.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

  3. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

  4. Good for you taking care of Harry - hope things calm down for your family.

  5. I am glad that you were able to get to him and get the right treatment.