Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New Blogger

I have always wanted to start a blog ever since I saw "Julie and Julia", but I keep putting if off.

So today is the day and I even think I have figured out what I want to blog about.  I love cross stitch.  I have been stitching since I was 12 years old sitting in the waiting rooms of hospitals.  My Mom was always ill with a horrible heart condition where she produced to much cholesterol and her heart pretty much turned to stone.  She spent a lot of time in the hospital and to pass the time I loved to stitch and make her bookmarks and pictures to cheer her up. 

Even after she passed away,  I kept up the stitching as I always find it calming and as we all know it,  life is full of stress and drama,  so stitching takes me away from that.  A few years ago,  in 2006 I was living in a travel trailer with my husband and 2 cats and we got hit by a tornado.  Most of our stuff was destroyed and of course I lost all of my cross stitch stuff.  I was heart broken and we never had the money to replace the material and threads that I needed to start again.  So this year,  I bought a few items off ebay and started using the 40% off coupons at Micheal's and now I have been able to start stitching again.  Woot !!! 

Well anyways,  I have no clue what I am doing on this bog,  so let me play around and see what I can do with it.

Hope everyone has a great day !!!  

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogger :) I hope you stick with it, you will make a lot of new blogger friends AND you can gather quite the stash from entering giveaways and such. I am following your blog so if you have any questions, feel free to email me, leave me a comment or heck, even ask it on your blog and I can reply :)

    I'm sorry to hear about you getting hit by a tornado, that's terrible! To lose all my stitchy stuff might just be the end of me lol. Its all I do in my spare time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Alyssa, I love it already and will try to keep up with it. It's been fun already trying to put on pictures and such. Next I will try to figure out how to put on a background. LOL, but I have the itch to stitch so blogging with have to wait. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, and I love your work! I've never been the domestic type :D, but I do appreciate beauty. Talent is a wonderful thing.
    Your kitties are so beautiful, I am a cat lover! It must be so difficult having kitties with special needs, so many people just give up and have their kitties destroyed so fast, it's sad. Keep up the great work, I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, You did a great job with your blog.Your stitching is lovey. Will be a follower here. What kind of things do you like to stitch. Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to stitch samplers and anything holiday.

    ReplyDelete