Saturday, January 1, 2011

Can I Stitch Now?

Well first of all Happy New Year to everyone. Yesterday, Roger and I drove down to Phoenix to see my foster Sister's kids that are down from CA. Jimmy 16 and Jenn 14, I have to say are the best teenagers I have ever known. Roger and I took them out to lunch with my Niece Tristan and the baby Mattie. We ate at Lenny Burgers and it was so yummy. We went and walked the mall and bought a few things for Harry (my Foster Dad) and then had a visit with him at the hospital. The last few times I have been to see him, he has only been able to visit for 5 mins. before it tuckers him out to much. Well yesterday he was so thrilled to see the kids that he was able to visit for 45 mins. I can't tell you how excited I am. I don't know how much better Harry will get, but I hope he will be able to sit up soon and be able to feed himself. One step at a time.

After the visit with Harry we took off to go see "Tron", which was pretty good, I give it a solid C, the story line was lacking but I really enjoyed the music and special effects. I hated to drop the kids off, we really had way to much fun.

We made it home by 9:30 and watched some United States of Tara and went to bed right after midnight.

This morning, I got up early and did my usual Saturday chores, put some short beef ribs in the crock pot. Since it's the 1st of the year, we changed the batteries in the smoke detectors, also we took down all the Christmas stuff. Lunch is almost ready and after I get that cleaned up I am going to demand time to sit down and stitch. I can't wait to get this 1st project started. I hope everyone is finding time to stitch today.

Happy Stitching

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment